Artificial intelligence has seen a meteoric rise in recent years. From chatbots and marketing initiatives to automating workloads and improving customer service, businesses are increasingly turning to AI to streamline operations, while consumers use AI-driven tech like smart speakers to make their lives easier and more enjoyable. As the technology behind artificial intelligence evolves, developers must continue to consider one of the primary goals of AI development: to make it more “human” than “artificial.”
More human-like AI is not only more likely to be trusted and adopted by the general public but also provides a smoother, more successful user experience. If you’re working to build an AI application that’s more “human-centric,” keep these 15 important factors shared by the members of Forbes Technology Council in mind.
- Remember that humans will ultimately manage the application.
- Give it a human name.
- Treat AI like a team member.
- Make the technology effortless.
- Ensure it’s simple to understand.
- Provide context.
- Include the ability to escalate to a person.
- Make the interface intuitive, personal and friendly.
- Collect human behavior data before developing a solution.
- Ensure your team has adequate skills to scale AI.
- Include the ability to recognize and respond to different situations.
- Test and improve the conversation flow.
- Give it a personality.
- Add diverse data.
- Support human feedback and auditing.
The original article can be found here.
In support of positive AI development for human centric for the society, the Michael Dukakis Institute for Leadership and Innovation (MDI) and Boston Global Forum (BGF) established the Artificial Intelligence World Society (AIWS.net) in 2018. AI can be an important tool to serve and strengthen democracy, human rights, and the rule of law. Its misuse could undermine those ideals. In this effort, MDI invites participation and collaboration with think tanks, universities, non-profits, firms, and other entities that share its commitment to the constructive and development of AI. The AIWS.net initiative is to develop positive AI for helping people achieve well-being and happiness, relieve them of resource constraints and arbitrary/inflexible rules and processes, and solve important issues, such as SDGs.